Welcome back to the 6th edition of the 12 Months of Thrifting Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to help you build a home or wardrobe of thrifted essentials, month by month.
If you didn’t get a chance to participate in prior years, you can still work at your own pace. Simply click on the challenge of your choice, download the schedule and incorporate the prompts into your lifestyle.
How to join the challenge:
- For each month in 2022, use the schedule to shop for a specific prompt at Goodwill. Already have these items at home? Use what you have.
- Listen to the Dina’s Days podcast, read the blog, or check IG and Facebook each month for reminders and inspiration from the thrift community.
- Share your finds with us on social using #12MonthsofThrifting
Here’s a rundown of this year’s prompts:
- January: Thrift something useful
- February: Thrift a Valentine’s Day gift or Valentine’s Day decor
- March: Thrift a look for less
- April: Thrift something to upcycle or DIY
- May: Thrift something from your favorite decade
- June: Thrift a color of the rainbow
- July: Thrift something off-season
- August: Thrift something that reminds you of your childhood
- September: Thrift something inspired by your favorite show, movie, or book
- October: Thrift something out of your comfort zone
- November: Thrift a home decor look for less
- December: Thrift a gift
- Use this schedule as an inspirational tool and not as a strict guide
- Don’t feel pressured to buy something you don’t want to buy.
- Add these items to a running thrift list and don’t give up if you can’t find something right away
- Shop your home if you already own these items
- Explore different ways to use secondhand items (online, borrow, swaps, locally,) but don’t buy something you don’t love
- Relax and have fun
Hope you’ll join us! Happy New Year!