These are 20 of our favorite must-have products to help you clean your secondhand and thrift store finds.
20 of Our Must-Have Cleaning Products for Thrift Store Finds
- Bissell Little Green Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner: Great for secondhand soft furniture
- Leather CPR: bring secondhand leather back to life with this fantastic leather conditioner
- Goo Gone: use on the soles of shoes, to remove pesky thrift store price stickers, and more
- Saddle Soap: use to clean / wash leather
- Dawn Spray Soap: prefect for cleaning shoes
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: clean hard surfaces and shoes
- Disinfecting Wipes: great for shoes, books, or any hard surface
- Dryell Dry Cleaning Kit: save money by dry cleaning your thrifted items at home
- Bar Keeper’s Friend: An all purpose cleaner that’s great for furniture, rust stains, or toys
- Disinfectant Spray: use on any thrifted item you can spray! From toys, bags to shoes.
- Scraper: an inexpensive must-have for any thrifter to remove price tag stickers
- Staple Remover: a very simple item that makes a big difference to safely remove those annoying stapled thrift store tags
- Murphy’s Oil: Perfect if you thrift a lot of wood furniture or décor items
- Astonish Clean & Revive: an amazing product that will revive dingy thrifted glassware
- Lysol Detergent: proven to kill COVID-19, this detergent will sanitize your thrifted clothes
- Keyboard Duster: perfect to clean furniture, toys or any hard to reach dusty areas
- Brasso: Great for brass furniture or décor items
- Handheld Vacuum: we love to use these to vacuum the interior of thrifted bags
- Handheld Steamer: quickly steam and disinfect thrifted clothing. Add natural essential oils for fragrance!
- Fabric Shaver: the perfect product for thrifted sweaters
Thanks, it’s Thrifted is a podcast about secondhand style and sustainable living hosted by two treasure-hunting friends, Dina & Shannon. Follow on Instagram @dinasdays and @thanksitsthrifted.pod. For more about the podcast visit dinasdays.com/podcast.